Programming is at the core of any arts organization and directly influences the success of fundraising, marketing and the public image of the organization
From world-class stages to cherished neighborhood playhouses, we help theaters to profitably serve their audiences, provide first class entertainment, and become beacons of the creative experience within and beyond their communities.
For two decades, Simon Shaw, founder of Shaw Entertainment Group, has brought together inspired artists and ecstatic audiences. Seth Soloway, the newest recruit to the company, brings his experience as Artistic Director at Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts and Director of Programming at The Paramount Center for the Arts in Peekskill, NY.
Together we have helped theaters like yours successfully negotiate in these turbulent times:
– meeting revenue goals even as artists’ fees have gone up and up, and contributed income is in a serious decline
– bolstering tickets sales while competing with an unprecedented array of home entertainment options
Success can be a moving target, but anything less can lead to an abandonment of an organization’s mission. Let Shaw Entertainment Group take the guesswork away.
Consulting services include but are not limited to:
– Defining appropriate programming goals based on conclusive analyses of previous ticket activity, community-wide audience behavior, experience of other demographically similar regions, and anecdotal management experience.
– Evaluating pricing scenarios to optimize revenue generation, audience satisfaction, and negotiation position with artists.
– Coordinating extensive network of presenters and producers to facilitate multi-venue booking opportunities.
– Providing tips and insight into negotiating with booking agencies large and small.
Call today on 413.274.0038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how Shaw Entertainment Group can help your organization fulfill its mission and strengthen its reputation in a cost effective manner.
In 2006, having been dark for 55 years, the Colonial Theatre reopened after a $21 million restoration.
The twenty-two-month construction process preserved and reinstalled all historically significant architectural and design features while creating a modern performance center equipped to handle the needs of artists and audiences alike.
Audiences were awed by the vaulted gilded entrance, the elaborately decorated boxes and balcony, the meticulously crafted custom plasterwork, and the exquisitely painted ornamental detail. The upper Gallery level preserved the original rare high-backed “pew” seating from which the view of the original “sail vault” over the proscenium, complete with its restored central mural featuring the muses of art and music, could once again inspire all who saw it.
Simon Shaw booked the critically acclaimed and financially successful inaugural season. Highlights of the season include the opening show which was a week of performances by the touring company of RENT and one night performances of Audra McDonald, Leo Kottke, Guy Clark, Anonymous 4, Nnenna Freelon, Luciana Souza, Garrick Ohlsson and the Kronos Quartet.
In 2010, upon the merger of Berkshire Theatre Festival and The Colonial Theatre, into the Berkshire Theatre Group, Shaw was invited back to consult on the programming for the organizations five stages.
The Zorlu Performing Arts Center is designed to host performances by artists from a range of artistic disciplines, the 50,000 square meter Performing Arts Center is able to accommodate not only Broadway and West End musicals but also theatrical world premiers and other high profile events.
Featuring a main performance hall specifically designed for high energy, amplified performances that can accommodate up to 2,262 spectators, as well as a 738 person hall featuring natural acoustics, the center will bring world-famous performances to İstanbul.
U.S. based Nederlander Worldwide Entertainment (NWE) will operate the Zorlu Center Performing Arts Center and Shaw Entertainment Group will work with the NWE Istanbul staff to understand the following:
– What the competitive market place looks like.
– What the existing programming strategies are.
– What opportunities are available to NWE Istanbul.
– What the NWE Istanbul critical success factors will be.
– How to reach those objectives.
SEG will develop strategies to help NWE reach the defined objectives. This will include the following:
– Building wish lists of artists in the performance categories identified as opportunities.
– Attending the regional US performing arts conferences and gather information regarding avails, fees and rider requirements.
– Drawing up a target list of artists after reviewing the information gathered.
– Present to NWE Istanbul a programming strategy for the 18 months beginning in June 2014.
– Begin to make offers following approval of the strategy.
– Shepherd the negotiations to conclusion.