LIVE WIRE! The Electricity Tour
This play was co commissioned by Doktor Kaboom, LLC and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and was first presented at the Kennedy Center with the world premiere during the 2014-2015 season.
Doktor Kaboom will explore the fundamentals of electrical energy and the history of humanity’s adventures into its potential. At the dawn of the 19th century mankind first harnessed the power of electricity, the world changed and the journey still continues.
Topics covered include: safety; Tesla; Edison; Faraday; lightning bolts, current; voltage; conductive and non-conductive media; electrical arcs; light emission; sparks; resistance; magnetic fields, electric generators: mechanical energy to electrical energy; electromagnetic coils and conductors.
Created by David Epley from Seattle, WA
- Science: Embedded Inquiry, Embedded Technology and Engineering
- Physical Science: Matter, Energy, Motion, Forces of Nature, Flow of Matter and Energy
- Theatre: Character Acting, Comedy
- Health: Preventing Injuries
- Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness (Self-Confidence), Social Awareness (Respect for Others), Self-Management (Perseverance, Positive Attitude), Responsible Decision Making
Click here: BWW Reviews
Click here: mdtheatreguide.com
“Deftly blending comedy with education, he not only gets plenty of chuckles, but also imparts knowledge on kids and adults alike better than any Bill Nye.” Click here: DC Theatre Scene