The Mermaid Workshop is an activity-driven series that shows children how to create their own puppets from simple resources found around the classroom or home through step-by-step guided instruction. The series is entertaining, fun and educational.
The Mermaid Workshop includes 10 videos some of which teach children how to create puppets they see in the Puppets in Paper series. Suitable for children 4+.
Guided Instructor & Puppeteer – Jim Morrow
Creative Producer – Danny Everson
Production & Design Associate / Director of Education & Outreach – Struan Robertson
Production Assistant – Alex Cubbon & Lisa Bedard
Building puppets and puppet play engages and entertains children while supporting important and key developmental phases. Children are able to have fun while developing:
- Stronger language and listening skills
- A greater understanding of complex relationships
- Improved memory/recall skills
- Increased fine motor skills
- Increased problem-solving skills
- Critical and creative thinking
- Creative play in a risk-free environment
- Mathematical skills