Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia’s innovative performance-based emotional learning series Puppets in Paper takes you and “Pip,” a paper bag puppet, through colourful worlds and emotional experiences.
This production is a series of 21 bite-sized videos that you can play at your own pace. Half of the videos show the puppet Pip as they explore their emotions, and the other half invites children to play along with their very own Pip.
Pip was created to be gender neutral and all performances are non-verbal, supported by soft colouring for children on the spectrum. Suitable for children 4+.
Guided Instructor & Puppeteer – Jim Morrow
Creative Producer – Danny Everson
Production & Design Associate / Director of Education & Outreach – Struan Robertson
Production Assistant – Alex Cubbon & Lisa Bedard
Building puppets and puppet play engages and entertains children while supporting important and key developmental phases. Children are able to have fun while developing:
- Stronger language and listening skills
- A greater understanding of complex relationships
- Improved memory/recall skills
- Increased fine motor skills
- Increased problem-solving skills
- Critical and creative thinking
- Creative play in a risk-free environment
- Mathematical skills