Look Out! Science is Coming!
The original Doktor Kaboom! show in which the good Doktor takes his audience on an educational tour of the modern scientific method, using humor and comedy while demonstrating spectacular applications of the physical sciences.
Topics covered include: safety; pressure and force; simple machines; velocity; application of science to everyday life; the scientific method (hypothesis and experimentation); multiple experimentation; constant discovery of new information and data; definitions: chemical reactions, exothermic, external and chemical formula; mass; air pressure and demonstration vs. experimentation.
Created by David Epley from Seattle, WA
Best for Grades 4-8 and Family Programming
60 Minutes – No Intermission
Photo Credit: Martin Albert
- Science: Embedded Inquiry, Embedded Technology and Engineering
- Physical Science: Matter, Energy, Motion, Forces of Nature
- Theatre: Character Acting, Comedy
- Health: Preventing Injuries
- Social Emotional Learning: Self-Awareness (Self-Confidence), Social Awareness (Respect for Others), Self-Management (Perseverance, Positive Attitude), Responsible Decision Making
Cuesheet (credit: Kennedy Center)
TPAC Teacher Resource Guide (credit: TPAC)
Full video is available upon request.
“…a complete delight, enthralling the youngsters in the crowd with his demonstrations, while keeping the adults amused with his hilarious running commentary.”
Click here for BWW Review
“Unlike some science shows, which can be yawn-inducing for the parents, Kaboom kept everyone in Bass Hall engaged during the quick-paced 1 hour and 20 minute show.”
Click here for Mom2Mom Review
“Doktor Kaboom is one of the most innovative science presentations that I’ve ever seen.”
Click here for About.com Review